only 2/3 done with external database. The following will support…
(INCOMPLETE) Almost complete! Still having couple issues but should be done very soon.(COMPLETE)
- Commands (COMPLETE)
- Locations (COMPLETE)
What is the difference between dirty files reading vs database?
The Goodies for dirty files:
- Able to edit easier and transfer through ftp.
- Able to refresh players info and locations.
- Command file are called every time to open and close. (Location and possible players files aren’t.)
- Loaded on start up.
- Able to change the command file easier on the go without need to reload and/or restart the server.
The Baddies for dirty files:
- Isn’t sync and required to use “save” command in order to sync back up.
- Use more spaces on the hard disk.
- Any time Halo server crash of recent changes without save it, will be lost forever.
- The more players list = the more time to load.
The Juicy Goodies for database:
- Reduce the Halo server load time to search as it is mostly searched on database.
- Support more than 1 Halo servers connection stay in sync every time Halo servers called to the database.
- Any time Halo server crash, all the latest info are still on the database.
- Less spaces used on the hard disk plus faster search as well.
- Once connect, always stay connected unless admin/hoster decide to close the connection.
- Able to use the web interface to view the database info (Only available on hosting service).
The Ugly Baddies for database:
- Only work on MySQL server.
- Required hosting service with MySQL access OR your own MySQL server. (There will be no offer from us to provide the MySQL access service.)
- Will take 1-10 seconds to connect the database (may be vary for others).
Does not auto start connect to database. (Will append the hook to start load any commands from a file AFTER SAPP loads up. Most likely will be already include before 0.1.0 release to public.)NOW INCLUDED WITH SEPARATE FILE!
- Does not allow you view easy or able to read as a file.
- Currently does not able to set the admin level on individual command through Halo commands. (Only way to change admin level is view it on database’s side.)
Does this means it is ready to release? No, the players are still not complete AND there are still couple bugs with player list, team switch, and kill command. Once ALL of those issues and players to database is complete, then it will be release as of 0.1.0 version. (Now complete!)
P.S. Our initial to have forum and ticket system (report issue, suggestion, etc) haven’t even started yet. However there is one currently only available to administrators and will be move into member section to process more and better. (COMING SOON!)
AS OF JUNE 23rd, 2011 OF THIS POST, THE MOST LIKELY WILL BE RELEASE 0.1.0 ON JUNE 30th, 2011 BY CONTACTING US OR THOSE ARE ALREADY ON WAITING LIST! THANK YOU!